If you are a dynamic, hard-working and experienced Android Developer, you are in the right place. We are looking for talented professionals like you to join to our costumer team in Madrid
Our costumer, you will find a place where you can develop your skills in the fascinating world of Digital TV. And most important of all, be ready to learn out of the various departments that you will be working with. Routine is not an option here.
Our main product is a big application allowing the TV Operators to provide their offer through mobile platforms, that enables the clients to browse the programming, watch content, manage their subscriptions and access to other services in the platform.
The application is developed in native technologies, for both mobile phones and tablets.
As a product company, most of the work is about maintaining, customizing and evolving it, but we are not used to develop small applications with a reduced life cycle. Besides, the complexity of system, forces us to face important challenges and difficult situations in our daily work.
The size of the product can make the work different from other companies developing mobile applications, giving importance to different aspects like:
- Analysis and Designs, not only to guarantee the functional quality of the new developments, but also to benefit the maintainability, the scalability and to ensure that the new development is not creating problems in other modules of the application.
- Quality of the code, following the coding stile rules in order to make easier the maintainability of the application also to other workmates.
- Bug fixing, as it’s quite common that after an evolution issues in the rest of the application can arise.
- Testing and unit testing. Even when this is the main responsibility of the QA team, the releases are not easy, and we have to ensure that they are good enough.
What You Will Be Doing as an Android Developer:
- Implementing of new functionalities as defined by the Product team.
- Working closely with several teams, like UX & Graphic Design, Operations, QA or Back-end:
- Improving UX by designing and developing web applications
- Ensuring the proper integration of website apps within our core applications
- Testing website functionalities and troubleshooting
- Maintaining the company´s Android Product app and the currently deployed applications.
- Customizing of the company´s Android Product to fit the customers’ needs
- ….and lots of other stuff
What we require:
- You have a client-server model
- You have experience in Android development with Android Studio for applications with graphical user interface and published in Google Play.
- You have knowledge of Material Design for Android.
- You have experience working with different people using a distributed code repository (GIT, Mercurial, etc.).
- You are able to deal with tools for tracking issues, like Jira
- You have a real good English level
- You are able to travel and discover new work environments in other countries
- You have good social and communication skills
What we would love:
- Have any previous collaboration in any personal or Open Source project
- Whatever you consider relevant for us to know!
What do we offer?
- Competitive fixed salary, depending on the experience of the successful candidate
- Variable incentives
- Ticket RestaurantⓇ
- Health insurance
- Short working hours every Friday and throughout July and August
- English classes
- Flexibility with taking holidays
- Fantastic work environment
- Regular outdoor and team-building events
- In-office perks such as Fruit Friday
- and much more…