Head of IT Operations
Our client, a leading multinational company in the leisure and entertainment sector, currently in the process of expansion, with several work centers throughout Spain, and more than 500 employees.
Within its expansion plan we are looking for a Head of IT Operations.
The Infrastructure Operation Manager will lead the delivery of I.T. infrastructure Operation ensuring that the current requirements of the Business are met.
Main Accountabilities and Responsabilities:
- Proactively manage 3rd Party Suppliers and Partners to ensure the delivery of all aspects of IT Infrastructure within agreed SLA’s
- Ensure Service providers and his team, are working to the agreed incident management process, problem management, change management and service reporting processes.
- Ensure maintenance of standards for Infrastructure specification, configuration, service level and security.
- Review support requirements for projects seeking to introduce or update services, suppliers or technologies
- Improve reporting operational support tools, such as monitoring tools, deployment tools and methods, configuration management, change management.
- Ensure that Infrastructure solutions focus on achieving stable and robust operational service delivery and high availability over technical novelty.
- Managing the use of remote hands in our retail estate to make support related change.
- Own compliance reporting and checking the code is up to standard in the respective jurisdictions
- Own updates, scalability, availability and stability of the online services.
- Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Health and Safety Policy (SP001) and the law. In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and must cooperate with any investigation as appropriate.
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications:
- Significant experience of managing IT Infrastructure in a fast changing multi-channel retail business.
- Solid experience of developing and managing 3rd Party supplier based IT Infrastructure contracts supporting operational applications and related infrastructure
- Experience of developing and evolving 3 to 5 year roadmaps to represent the company’s IT Infrastructure requirements.
- Understanding and ability to work with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and work within an ITIL framework
- Ability to define and implement or adapt ITIL processes (service transition: change management, release & deployment management, service validation & testing, etc.; service operation: service request fulfillment, access management, incident management, problem management; continuous service improvement, incident, problem, change, service reporting, etc.).
- Ability to undertake further analysis of incidents and problems to arrive at Root Cause.
- Experience in a Retail or Digital environment as appropriate
- Experience in team management (2 to 5 people) or willing and prepared to progress to that.
- Current technologies: Linux environment, Vmware, Apache, Nginx, Zabbix, Cloudfare, Azure Devops, SQL, PHP, JQuery, HTML5/CSS3, Jira, Jira ServiceDesk
- Demonstrates planning ability, whilst being tactically responsive to changing needs.
- Demonstrates sense of passion and pride about own work. Positive attitude and adapts well to change. Inspires passion and excitement around shared goals, promoting environment of achievement.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills, with well-structured and analytical approach to reporting. English is a must.
- Ability to identify and prioritise Stakeholders, build strong relationships, and tailor communication to meet the stakeholders needs, including his/hers peers needs (Head of Development, PMO). Team player.
- Proven stakeholder management skills required to positively reposition the IT Service function with business stakeholders.
- Ability to initiate and manage change in a way which enhances company performance.
- Living in Barcelona area or willing to relocate.
- Salary: competitive depending on the candidate’s experience and ability
- Full day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with flexible hours and teleworking of 40%
- Work center: Barcelona center
- Reduced hours Friday
- Young and dynamic atmosphere.